Invictus Due Diligence and Investigation Services
due diligence noun (www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary)
Definition of due diligence
1 law: the care that a reasonable person exercises to avoid harm to other persons or their property
//failed to exercise due diligence in trying to prevent the accident.
2 business: research and analysis of a company or organization done in preparation for a business transaction (such as a corporate merger or purchase of securities).
Due diligence and investigations in Nevada and many other states require proper licensing for protecting the client and investigator and conducting the services within the law of which the services are conducted.
Invictus partners with a Nevada PILB-licensed private investigator, allowing us to conduct these services legally for the best results for the client.
What is a private investigator service?
Private investigators, also known as private detectives or PIs, are hired professionals specializing in research, surveillance, and other methods of investigation. Although PIs are not police officers, many have a criminal justice background, and certain states even require this experience to be able to work as a licensed private investigator. PIs will work for private individuals or companies, and attorneys may hire private detectives to find out information for a case.
Detectives and investigators must be mindful of the law when conducting investigations. Because they lack police authority, their work must be done with the same authority as a private citizen. As a result, detectives and investigators must have a good understanding of federal, state, and local laws, such as privacy laws, and other legal issues affecting their work. Otherwise, evidence they collect may not be useable in court –– and they could face prosecution.
What we can do as your private investigator
Our private investigators can cover a wide range of work. Not all PIs do all these things, so it is important to find an investigator who has experience or expertise that matches the job you want completed. Common services we provide as a private investigator service include the following:
- Investigating an individual such as a spouse or partner suspected of cheating or a person you suspect is not injured suing you for an injury.
- Skip tracing to find an individual, such as a long-lost relative or someone who owes you money, when their location is unknown to the client.
- Searching for information about legal, financial, and personal matters to include civil judgments and criminal history. Interviewing people; performing surveillance; and searching online, public, and court records to gather information and/or evidence for clients.
- Conducting surveillance when investigating a case, including watching locations, such as a person’s home or office, often from a hidden position. Using cameras and binoculars, detectives gather information on people of interest.
- Investigating crime such as in-house theft for a business or a home invasion of an individual when the client feels regular police attention is not sufficient.
- Performing background checks for potential new employees or others.
- Setting up surveillance equipment and monitoring these cameras.
- Completing case research for attorneys.
Contact Invictus to discuss your investigator needs and acquire a quote for services.